Sugar Cane Growers Fund (SCGF) is a statutory body providing loans and advances to sugar cane growers in Fiji. SCGF is one of the key stakeholders in the Sugar Cane Industry and as such, has an important role in supporting the interests of cane growers. SCGF is currently seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel to join its operations based at our Head Office, Lautoka for the position mentioned herein.
IT Support Officer
This role reports directly to the Manager Information Technology. The responsibility of the officer is to assist the IT department in providing technical support to the end users, management of IT fixed assets register, documentation and data processing as well marketing and handling social media platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities are as follows without limiting to:
• Provide first level support to the users;
• Advocate the use of IT security policies, procedures and associated plans for security administration are practiced by members of the IT team and staff.
• User Administration
• Documentation of user manuals;
• Month End Data Processing;
• Document system functionality and requirements.
• Management of Social media platform
• Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems;
• Provide support for IT projects;
• Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness;
• Liaising with vendors regarding marketing;
• Assisting with the procurement of IT assets for the Fund;
• Compiling Reports and Returns where required; and
• Any other duties delegated by Management.
Qualification & Experience
• Degree in Computing Science and Information Systems or relevant IT Discipline is essential or;
• Diploma in relevant IT Discipline and at least 3 years of experience in a similar field.
• Knowledge of basic help desk and issue management
• Sound knowledge in Networking, cloud computing, and Microsoft technologies such as MS Office, MS Visio and MS project;
• Strong understanding of business principles and finance to be able to interpret data;
• Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
• High attention to detail and accuracy and possessing strong initiatives.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Possess a valid driving license.
The above position is offered for an initial term of three  years and is subject to renewal on satisfactory performance.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and names of three referees should be emailed by 15th Decemeber, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org or address to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Sugar Cane Growers Fund, P O Box 13, Lautoka
Incomplete & Late Applications will not be considered, only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. All enquiries could be referred to Ms. Prithi Ram, on phone 6650777 or email email@example.com.