Sugar Cane Growers Fund Profile
Sugar Cane Growers Fund (SCGF) is a corporate body established by the Sugar Cane Growers Fund Act 1984, Laws of Fiji having its registered Head Office in 2nd Floor Cane Grower’s Building, 75 Drasa Avenue, Lautoka in Fiji Islands and other District Offices in Lautoka, Nadi, Ba, Tavua, Rakiraki, Labasa and Seaqaqa and weekly agency services at Sigatoka.
Customer confidentiality and privacy are of utmost concern to SCGF. Our employees treat the information we have concerning your accounts in the same responsible and confidential way that we want our own financial affairs to be treated.
1. Recognition of your expectation of privacy
We understand that our customers expect privacy and security for their personal and financial affairs. We understand that, by selecting us for your financial needs, you have entrusted us to safeguard your personal financial information. We are committed to protect the privacy of your personal financial information with the following privacy principles and practices:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
We collect information from you regarding name, addresses, email addresses, Tax Identification Number (TIN), Mobile Number, Income, Details of nominees and or any other information that would be required from time to time.
- How we use, collect, and retain customer information?
We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes i.e. for retaining the bank account details of the customer and to perform required transactions.
- We use information to:
- Open and administer your accounts and to protect your records and funds;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations that may change from time to time;
- Help us to design or improve our products and services for your benefit;
- Understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with quality products and superior services; and
- To comply with laws, guidelines and regulations that govern the financial services in the country.
2. How we keep customer information accurate?
It is in your interest, and it is our objective, for us to have accurate, current, and complete information concerning you and your accounts. We have strict procedures that our employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are or may be required by laws of Fiji, we have implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete financial information, including processes to update information and remove outdated information. If you believe that we have incorrect information about you or your accounts, please email us through the feedback mechanism provided on the website or visit our nearest district office or update the profile information on the site as permissible. We will correct any erroneous information as quickly as possible.
3. How do we capture and store customer information?
Customers can register to the application by providing their existing 16-digit account number followed by the customer registered mobile number and date of birth of the customer which is transferred to https://myscgfadmin.com.fj/ which is owned and managed by SCGF. All the customer details including the “own” mobile number of the customer is stored in encrypted form.
4. How we limit access to customer information by our employees?
5. How we restrict the disclosure of customer information?
SCGF does not release customer information except as directed by law or as per your mandate. We do not share specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data with non-affiliated third parties for their independent use unless:
The information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you;
- You request or authorize it;
- The disclosure is required by/or directed by law; or and
- You have been informed about the possibility of such disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication which can be either through phone, in writing or through electronic means and that have been given the opportunity to decline.
- A customer who has established a relationship with us;
- A potential customer who intends to seek financial services; and
- Anyone permitted under laws of Fiji